Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chicago Finale

The last 2 days of the trip we spent getting in some of the other Chicago highlights. I really wanted to take the kids on a Lake Michigan cruise, but the weather was just too cold!!



When we first decided to go to Chicago, the highlight for the kids probably would have been the Shedd Aquarium. However, the greatest exhibit they have, in my opinion, is the one with the whales and dolphins, and unfortunately, they were off exhibit while due to construction of a new facility for them. We still did go and enjoyed it quite a bit, but we will definitely have to go back when the whales are back!

We went up in the Hancock Tower which I haven't done in many, many years. It was really neat and they have an excellent tour that you take, even one geared for kids.

































Poor Samuel had to endure a trip to American Girl...sorry about that, buddy! The dolls had their hair done while we shopped the new store (now in Water Tower place).




The last day we went to Navy Pier to walk around, ride the carousel and ride a few other rides. The trip was really amazing. It was fun to have the kids enjoy all the things I love about Chicago, and for me to have my Chicago "fix". Hopefully the girls and I will get to go back up in the summer for our annual trip to American Girl with friends of ours!!

No comments: